The Financial Services API Specialist will take ownership of the implementation and future design of a set of common industry interfaces for the global mobile money industry. This work will address fragmentation and promote efficiencies across the mobile money business landscape.
The company’s Mobile Money Programme has established a first version of industry API specifications together with mobile operators, technology providers, financial institutions and start-ups/developers. Currently the industry is on track to adopt the specifications across three continents. In additional to technical harmonisation, the company plans to address on-boarding processes and other aspects to ensure mobile money APIs are accessible.
The company are looking for an API Specialist who can leverage their technical prowess and in-depth product knowledge to assist the industry and our current project team.
- Work directly with three main participant groups in the project; member operator groups, technical platform providers and third-party businesses looking to integrate with mobile money to ensure APIs are fit for purpose, useful and secure.
- Lead the design work going forward by establishing a design authority board with industry leaders
- Produce design artefacts and technical implementation tasks required for project execution and adoption by the industry, including developer portal with staging environments
- Prepare architectural and other technical documents to stakeholders and software developers supporting the initiative
- Design a structure to allow on-going improvements and upgrades of the APIs that supports rapid growth of business integrations based on industry requirements
- Collaborate with industry standard bodies such as SWIFT and W3C to ensure compatibility across key payments standardisation efforts
The right candidate will draw on a solid foundation of commercial expertise and industry knowledge, augmented by the ability to rapidly adapt to different cultures.
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to inspire others and create a culture of collaboration and professionalism
- Solid understanding of how financial services APIs work, the standards that are used and how APIs are maintained and managed
- Experience with several programming languages and the ability to roll up sleeves to support implementation, where necessary
- 2+ year experience in a technical role that involved designing and implementing financial institutions / payment service provider REST APIs
- 4+ years of experience in technology consulting, enterprise and solutions architecture and architectural frameworks
- 2+ years of experience in Enterprise Integration/Middleware Solutions, API Management in building solutions and architectural frameworks
- Working experience using web services and APIs built on REST and using JSON
- Working knowledge on securing data channels using various mechanisms (basic authentication, OAuth 2.0, etc.)
- Self-starter, creative, disciplined, results-oriented
- A team player, able to effectively work with a geographically dispersed team and a wide group of internal and external resources
- Experience of financial products in emerging markets and/or with building ecosystems is highly desirable
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering, Information Technology or related disciplines
How to apply
Email your CV to email@example.com and for an initial discussion call Richard on 01604 241790
Date posted: 05/07/2018