To lead and manage the new product, market and systems development for B2C. To input into the future direction of the B2C business channel, identifying new product and market opportunities which fit within the ambitions and risk appetite of the company.
To research, produce proposals, oversee the implementation of products, markets and systems and ensure a thorough post implementation review is undertaken from which key learnings can be used in future developments.
To manage third party relationships including commercial negotiations for systems and processes which are a key part of the delivery of B2C products and services, contributing towards the volumes and profit of the business.
To lead, manage, motivate and support the B2C Product Manager in their role, to ensure a co-ordinated approach is applied to developments and that fair customer outcomes will be achieved across all new product and systems developments within B2C and the wider business.
It is expected that in order to deliver against the key accountabilities the post holder will consult with and gain the support of the following stakeholders:
- Company board members - occasional contact with the board members of the company when deputising for the Head of B2C
- SLT – who will be required to approve new product/market developments
- The B2C team - in particular the Head of B2C, B2C Strategic Business Development and Partnership Manager and B2C Pricing and MI Manager.
- Own team – required to work closely with the B2C Product Manager to ensure a consistent approach to developments and engage with other team members
- Other managers – this will include the change function where input of other business areas will be gathered. It will also include regular contact with group functions such as Compliance, Legal, InfoSec, Risk, Marketing. HR and Procurement.
- Other staff – will have contact with all areas of the company business, including Change, Customer Service and Underwriting.
- Suppliers – will own the commercial relationship with a number of external suppliers, current and future, who provide services in connection with B2C products and processes. Will also liaise with other third parties who will provide services but will not be directly responsible for the relationship management
Strategy and Planning
Responsible for input into the future direction and strategy for the B2C team, which will feed into the MTP of the company business. This particularly relates to new products and services which will expand the offering, increase revenue and grow the customer base.
Ensure the team is engaged in the creation and delivery of the plan and that it is regular reviewed and updated and it remains a live document. Responsible for ensuring that the new developments will achieve fair customer outcomes, mitigating any areas where customer detriment may occur.
Plan the activities of the team to ensure the plan deliverables are achieved and milestones are met, providing regular updates to the Head of B2C and the wider team involved including the B2C Operating Board.
Work with the Head of B2C and other department managers and contribute effectively to the creation of a SMT plan/Business Unit plan and ensure that this is cascaded into the department plan.
Business Development Accountabilities
Manage external third parties who provide services in connection with the B2C products and services. Manage the commercial relationship, negotiating terms on behalf of the company. Source and select providers of products and or services which are required for the achieving of the departments objectives and which form part of the MTP.
Leadership and People
Manage team of at least one direct report ensuring that, as a team, key objectives and goals are achieved.
Lead, coach and manage the team, inspiring the team to be the best they can be. Ensure the team resources are managed effectively and activity is prioritised both within team and across the business where activity impacts other areas.
Ensure effective communication and performance management systems are operated including the setting of objectives and performance standards with regular reviews against progress and appropriate documentation. Act as a role model and inspire excellence by continually demonstrating management and leadership imperatives.
Being innovative and forward thinking is key in this role which is to deliver new products and services as well as enhancements to existing processes and systems for the delivery of the current product set. Ensure rigor, governance and a consistent, transparent approach is applied to all work including research and development of initiatives.
Encouraging idea generation from the team that deliver improvements, challenge costs and processes.
Continually explore all opportunities and new developments. Ensure new procedures, methodology and skills introduced within the team are documented and become firmly embedded in ways of working.
Source suppliers for the provision of a new product or service that has been agreed, ensuring that Procurement are actively engaged in the process. Manage existing suppliers, and negotiate commercial terms aiding in achieving the expected return of the business. Work with suppliers to identify and deliver efficiency improvements and service enhancements that improve the customer experience. Thoroughly investigate any issue, particularly with regards to customer outcomes, identifying and providing a satisfactory solution and in the interests of the business, recommending and signing off corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
Budgets and KPIs
Develop, agree and meet, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) for the team. Ensure that any delegated budget is effectively controlled/managed and escalate any significant spend to budget variances in timely manner.
Ensure all developments are reviewed post implementation, reporting on outcomes against objectives. Where variances from expected KPI’s are shown investigate and report on why and what mitigating actions are required. Ensure agreed actions are followed up and implemented, with further reviews at appropriate intervals.
Ensure there is a consistent, best practice coordinated approach to operational delivery activities, liaising with Business Unit managers to share and contribute to best practice in order to deliver business objectives and maximise operational efficiencies. Represent B2C within the change review committee ensuring impacts on the department are understood and represented.
Support and work with colleagues to ensure a coordinated approach to service delivery activities, working cohesively on any identified opportunities, projects and initiatives to deliver a great customer experience, sharing and contributing to the development of best practice.
Recognise individual responsibility and accountability for risk in relation to this role and follow effective best practice processes and departmental processes to minimise errors, fraud and exposure to risk. As the owner of identified process (es), document and maintain those processes, establishing measures of performance (including success and failure) that incorporate the customer viewpoint.
Adhere to agreed change control, ensuring that divergence from the existing standard process is subject to robust design and is fully documented and approved.
Take appropriate measures to manage risks and to ensure all staff recognise their individual responsibility and accountability for risk in relation to their roles and follow effective best practice processes.
Ensure compliance with all FCA regulation and relevant legislation and specifically that which relates to Data Protection, Money Laundering, Health and Safety, Bribery Act and Treating the Customer Fairly (‘TCF’) and attend mandatory and other training as may be required from time to time.
Ensuring compliance with J-SOX requirements by ensuring ongoing compliance with the following objectives:
- Controls in their processes are effective to manage risks
- Processes are operating as mapped
- Departmental staff are aware of their responsibilities and operate in line with the Group standard - provide assistance to financial control in the performing of any testing
- Exceptions are noted and appropriate remedial action taken
- Any changes to process/systems have been approved in line with Group policy/procedure
Carrying out and be fully aware of actions as are required to meet the requirements of the company Corporate Governance framework including attendance at any relevant management and committee meetings.
To understand and adhere to information security obligations and comply with the company information security policies according to your role within the organisation. To understand and adhere to Health and Safety obligations and comply with the company Health and Safety policy according to your role.
To undertake any other duties as specified from time to time in accordance with the company business requirements.
- Proven track record of product development and management
- Experience of delivery of multi-faceted projects
- Experience of working with third parties in delivery of services
- Experience of commercial negotiations
- Excellent time management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to think outside the box and contribute to the strategic vision of the department
- A good working knowledge of key system software including MS Excel and Word
- Resilient with ability to remain calm under pressure
- The skills to manage key stakeholder expectations
- Knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements in a consumer facing environment
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Effective listening and questioning skills
How to apply
Email your CV to David.Earles@tnp.co.uk and for an initial discussion call David on 01604 701577
Date posted: 17/05/2018