Our client’s mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels their brand and their global team – they are proud that they are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, they understand that you are much more than your day job. They encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or their wellness programs, our client respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, they offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, they can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates their uniqueness.
If you think you could support as Business Development Lead (UK & Ireland) they want to hear from you.
The Business Development Lead will lead business development activity for the company across the UK & Ireland, managing clients from new to already established and providing support to the UK & Ireland team in developing strategic new business opportunities for the company.
- Reporting directly to the Head of Fintech, Commercial and New Business Development
- Responsible for leading the Business Development arm of the team, driving new business development and growth from clients and portfolios where they do not have a strategic share of their business today
- Work with Head of Fintech, Commercial and New Business Development and colleagues across the team to define and execute BD team strategy
- Proactively identify and deliver BD opportunities with target clients
- Coach and support BD colleagues to deliver high quality client outcomes, acting in a mentorship capacity where appropriate
- Lead specific UK & Ireland new Business Development opportunities, galvanizing the business to focus on and deliver against these opportunities
- Lead and / or support the delivery of RFP / RFI responses for BD opportunities
- Engage with cross functional colleagues ensuring teams such as marketing, merchant & acquiring and consulting are appropriately involved and informed in new business opportunities, leading virtual teams to deliver the right client responses and endeavoring to break down silos and work together as one
- Lead deal structuring activities for specific client opportunities, engaging with internal stakeholders to deliver optimal financial and contractual approaches
- Commercial lead / support for contract negotiations and agreement
- Build relationships with designated clients
- Provide a client perspective on developing relevant and compelling new business proposals
- Work with clients to identify and understand new and ongoing requirements for specific opportunities based on client needs and pain points
- Share BD best practice across the UK&I cluster and the rest of the company’s influence in Europe
- Previous experience of Business Development, including deal structuring and contracting
- Previous sales management experience, preferably in B2B
- Knowledge and experience of the payments business and/or financial services is preferred but will consider other industry backgrounds
- Experience and insight into credit card issuance / consumer lending
- Knowledge of, or curiosity in, the company and its products and services
- Experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions
- Be commercially focused and pragmatic, have the ability to identify opportunities and propose solutions
- Experience of working in a corporate/business focused environment
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Have capacity to become a respected and valued partner at multiple levels
- Experience in client facing roles
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with multiple stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally
- Proven influencing, selling and negotiation skills
How to apply
Email your CV to email@example.com