We anticipate that the role will require a minimum of 7-10 years’ experience within a consumer focused payments or lending organisation. It is important for the right candidate to be well versed in strategic issues, as well as industry and local market knowledge.
- Build, develop and maintain strong relationships with current and prospective clients
- Identify and execute on upsell and cross-sell opportunities from existing strategic clients.
- Work collaboratively with the different lines of business in order to maximize opportunities.
- Expand client base, identify prospects and develop outreach strategy
- Bring appropriate staff into the client relationships as needed to address client needs
- Work with Managing Directors to devise and execute strategies for their key clients and prospects
- Maintain awareness of market and industry trends/changes to understand competitive environment. Participate in sales conferences and events
- Perform other functions as required and directed
- Travel required (40%- 60%)
- 7 to 10 years’ experience of working in the payments industry
- A strong network of existing contacts throughout the payments industry, including: issuers, networks, acquirers, regulators, trade bodies etc.
- An entrepreneurial aptitude to identify new business opportunities that may sit outside the mould
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate at a senior level
- Highly developed and proven successful relationship management and business retention/development skills
- Self-starter skills, ability to create and develop client service oriented strategies
- Ability to work independently within a strategic framework while maintaining high work standards and show excellent attention to detail Team oriented, with ability to effectively build relationships both externally and internally
- Effective presentation skills
- Experience of report writing for a business audience
- Creative problem solving/extrapolation
- Organisational and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work load to satisfy internal and external clients and meet deadlines
- Computer skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
Key Performance Metrics
- Timeliness, accuracy and value of contributions to deliverables
- Demonstrates technical knowledge of the industry and continually works to improve this knowledge base
- Demonstrates accountability, initiative, and ability to work with a team, communicating effectively with all internal and external stakeholders
- Supports the advancement of the vision and goals of the business
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible and work on projects with a wide variety of scopes, methodologies and outputs
How to apply
Email your CV to melanie.litchfield and for an initial discussion call Melanie on 01604 766851
Date posted: 31/01/2018