The Wealth Management & Investment Services business of our client includes Global Corporate Trust & Custody, Depositary and Fund Services business lines with operations in Dublin, London, and Guernsey. A position now exists for a dynamic Compliance Manager based in London to join the International Team forming part of the bank’s second line of defence. The position involves occasional travel.
This business division is subject to a range of EU, UK, Irish and Guernsey regulation which includes MiFID, the UK Senior Managers Regime and the Deposit Guarantee Scheme. The Manager will be responsible for the provision of technical expertise to business lines to manage their regulatory requirements. Also, the Manager may be the designated Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a number of regulatory areas, for example MiFID, CSDR and the FCA Handbook.
The Manager will assist in the development and review of regulatory compliance policies and procedures; maintain a compliance risk assessment framework for the business and partake in regulatory monitoring and reporting activities. This business division is a key strategic growth area for our client in Europe and part of the Manager’s role will be to assist Compliance work streams in any expansionary projects that may take place. The position will interact directly with other key functions including Legal, Credit, Treasury, Finance, Risk, Fraud and Operations.
Due to the responsibilities associated with the role, adjustments to titles and internal reporting lines may be deemed appropriate.
- To provide Subject Matter Expertise for the Regulatory Change Management Process and to the First Line of Defence (FLOD) on the application of EU, Irish, UK and Guernsey regulation. This includes process change and new products reviews through established internal processes such as Product Risk Management (PRISM) and the New Product Approval Process (NPAP).
- To oversee the marketing/advertising compliance sign-off process (referred to as the Compliance Material Review & Approval process).
- To maintain an Enterprise Compliance Risk framework for the business and ensure sufficient Conduct Management Information is produced by business lines.
- To maintain good stakeholder engagement and build ongoing relationships with the FLOD to promote a culture of openness.
- To escalate any identified breaches or material conduct risk issues.
- To maintain a network of contacts within US Bancorp Corporate Compliance (in the United States) in areas relevant.
- Strong previous experience (7 years plus) within a compliance role
- Experience of funds/custody/banking regulation.
- Demonstrable experience of interaction and influencing at a senior level.
- Collaborative in approach with strong emphasis on delivery and execution.
- A relevant third level qualification (e.g. law, business, finance, etc.), Diploma in Compliance (or similar) beneficial.
- Management experience an advantage.
How to apply
Email your CV to email@example.com and for an initial discussion call Richard on 01604 241790