The Director of Relationship Management will be committed to customer service excellence and will take a lead role in developing and managing service based partnerships and business relationships with key clients and providers across all product sets.
As such, we are looking for a dynamic and high energy leader with strong commercial acumen who can deliver against the strategy to meet the company’s ambitious growth and retention plans for its customer portfolio. You need to truly believe in your ability to WOW customers and add value to our proposition. You lead by example and are always willing to get your sleeves rolled up when the occasion calls for it.
You will make a true difference to our business with your talent to motivate, develop and drive a team, seeing them SHINE with our customers and each other.
Cool under pressure and a logical thinker, you will be able to offer us proven experience of leading a high performance team, maintaining high customer retention and driving high growth rates.
Strategy: Work collaboratively with relevant internal stakeholders (Commercial Director, Regional Finance Director, SVP Global Accounts, and MD) to formulate a viable relationship management strategy for the Region to increase revenue and market share; create and develop commercial opportunities to meet revenue projections across the Regional product portfolio
Share of Wallet & Retention: Increase the company’s share of wallet within existing customer base to gain market share over our competitors; retain and grow customer base in line with company strategy and targets set by Commercial Director.
Execution: Responsible for the development and performance of all existing business activities in the assigned Region; define business priorities, quality targets and KPIs; assume responsibility for the associated revenue streams, hiring plan, pipeline forecasting and business growth across the Region; ensure a clear and robust action plan is in place and closely monitor and analyse the results according to the defined strategy.
People: Direct the Relationship Management Team and provide leadership towards the achievement of growth in line with the global Company and local Regional strategic objectives; ensure the right employees are recruited, trained, motivated and developed and ensure clear lines of management authority are in place to enable effective delegation of responsibility; foster a collaborative working environment and encourage teamwork ethics based on shared goals and a common purpose; set the tone for employee engagement in support of the culture of the business and act as a champion for the adoption of the corporate values
Environment: Maintain commercial awareness of all external factors (including competitor landscape & activities, product portfolio, industry developments, trends in other markets, and legislative regulations & changes in relation to commercial activities) which impact the business and Regional performance; keep the senior management team informed accordingly
Governance: Accurately monitor, analyse, & forecast revenue streams and costs to ensure all relationship management activities meet or improve on budget, cost, and efficiency targets; identify and meet key KPIs in line with strategic business objectives and make recommendations/implement required changes to existing plan and activities as necessary; collate, analyse and present data, trends & results pertaining to commercial activities; responsible for managing Relationship Management Team costs against budget (including T&E expenditure)
Value Proposition: Identify, define, request and gain support for the development of products and services enhancements to meet local requirements; identify new verticals to target; develop and manage large deals and strategic relationships; develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of the client environment, needs and objectives to help the Region enhance/develop their portfolio and reputation
Representation: Build key internal and external relationships and represent the company as senior presence in the Region when interfacing within the customer base. Ability to develop relationships at a senior level within our customer base using a consultative approach; attend industry events and conferences and other networking activities to enhance and strengthen the Company’s profile and optimize all business development opportunities
Interfaces: Liaise with relevant internal departments in order to establish and maintain effective and relevant activities and support in relation to the business’ strategic goals and objectives; represent the Relationship Management Team on the local Regional Leadership Team.
Minimum Required Qualifications
An academic qualification at graduate level (Bachelors’ degree) required in Business, Marketing, Economics or other relevant field. In lieu of academic qualification, relevant skills or equivalent experience
Preferred Qualifications/ Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ progressive experience in business development/commercial (B2B) roles preferably within the card payment/technology sector or financial services
- Exceptional and demonstrated record of new business sales within one or more Regions in which the Company operates
- Proven history of creating customer retention plans with an outcome focus and proven experience in meeting
KPIs and targets
- Strong understanding of growing and retaining customers and solid experience working in a commercial and revenue driven environment
- 4 years or more management level experience, leading and growing a Relationship Management Team with a diverse skill set
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of card schemes/scheme rules and the competitive landscape
- Senior level experience working in a dynamic, complex and matrixed management structure with many different stakeholders
- Exposure to markets outside of home location and working across multi-locations with different cultures (desired)
- Hard working, commercially minded and with a high level of energy and enthusiasm; able to operate efficiently, effectively and professionally within a fast paced, dynamic and results driven business environment
- Commercially astute and inquisitive by nature, able to quickly identify and pursue new business opportunities, be able to operate effectively and professionally within a fast paced and results driven business environment, and deliver scalable business results
- Ability to lead, influence and motivate others, grow and develop a team
- An analytical mind-set and a strong aptitude for working with numbers, able to get to grips quickly with the intricacies and complexities of the market and the economies that drive our business
- A motivational leader with exceptional people management skills; ability to lead, coach, motivate and grow a team of diverse individuals through setting a strong example and being able to give clarity of direction and purpose; provides strong direction even in situations involving ambiguity and uncertainty
- Ability to balance the requirement to think strategically and creatively with the willingness to execute the details; hands-on approach with ability to ‘wear many hats’
- A flexible and seasoned relationship professional with exceptional interpersonal skills, able to communicate and present confidently using a variety of styles and media tailored and adapted to the specific need of the audience; competent and comfortable in all stages of the sales cycle
- Persuasive and influential by nature, a highly effective negotiator able to ‘think on their feet’
- Strong client relationship management skills and excellent networking skills; able to build and maintain trusted and collaborative relationships at all levels and manage relationships taking into account commercial, strategic and practical considerations
- A natural ability to multi-task and problem solve, able to demonstrate strong project management skills and experience of managing multiple projects with varying priority at one time, delivering results consistently on time and within budget
- Ability to prioritise own workload, and the workload of others, based on tactical and strategic business priorities
- Possess an international mind-set and sensitivity to building cross boarder relationships and business operations and processes
- Delivery focused and a passion for quality and innovation, with a flexible and adaptable attitude, willing to accept and drive change
- High level of corporate awareness and business acumen, able to understand the wider business context and demonstrate a commitment to supporting cross-organisational activities
- Able to demonstrate a positive and collaborative attitude, committed to working as part of a team and going above and beyond to deliver agreed goals
- Seeks to continually develop own knowledge and skills and participates in development opportunities above and beyond required training
How to apply
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and for an initial discussion call David on 01604 701577
Date posted: 03/07/2018