- You will own the vision and strategy for the company’s work on mobile money, ensuring greater scale in the industry and charting opportunities for business model innovation.
- You will create strategies and implementation plans to accelerate adoption of key industry initiatives such as the Mobile Money Certification and APIs.
- You will set the thought leadership agenda in close consultation with senior industry executives and represent the company at high-profile forums, championing mobile money internally and externally.
- You will lead engagement with mobile operators and donors, including corresponding governance structures.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the programme is effectively funded, with appropriate resources to deliver.
- You will inspire and lead a team of 30+ FTE, maintaining a strong reputation for driving quality and achieving significant impact for the industry. You will drive collaboration of the Mobile Money team within Mobile for Development and across the business.
- You have a strong background in mobile financial services with experience gained either within a telco, bank, start-up, payments scheme, consultancy, regulator body, donor or other financial inclusion organisation.
- You are able to evidence a strong commercial background, ideally having led a substantial business unit with direct P&L responsibility.
- You can lay claim to a deep understanding of telco economics and an acute insight and ability to support the execution of service roll outs within mobile operators.
- You have experience of working globally, especially emerging markets.
- You are an exceptional leader: you are charismatic and energetic, able to inspire teams and drive high performance and builds valuable peer networks with internal and external stakeholders, including C-level executives.
- You work effectively in a highly matrixed structure to positively influence peers and support cross functional collaboration.
- You are willing to travel, sometimes at very short notice. You may have French and / or Spanish language skills (desirable).
- This position is based in London. Candidates will ideally have the right to work in the UK.
How to apply
Email your CV to melanie.litchfield and for an initial discussion call Melanie on 01604 766851
Date posted: 23/05/2018