They currently run Europe’s largest loyalty programme for a Tier 1 UK Bank consisting of a turnkey solution that is integrated with a merchant funded offers platform. This platform enables large national retailers, to target millions of customers by delivering data-driven, tightly targeted offers and unique shopper insight.
They are moving to the next stage in their strategy and are actively recruiting financial institutions within the UK and in Europe. To support this growth, our client is hiring a Head of Publishers who will define and drive strategic, commercially focused relationships with existing and new Publishers, both financial institutions and non-financial institution partners
The Publisher team is a fascinating work environment comprising innovation excellence, implementation speed and international exposure, responsible for the ongoing management and growth of the Publisher network that consists of Financial institutions and non-financial institution partners such as; RBS / Natwest, Amex, Visa, Mastercard, First Direct, HSBC, Virgin Atlantic and Next Jump. As the Head of Publishers, you will be responsible for maintaining and developing senior relationships with publishers, defining and driving strategic, commercially focused relationships with existing and new Publishers, both financial institutions and non-financial institution partners. You will also track new markets and emerging trends as well as recommending new products and services to increase profitable revenue streams
- You will have direct control of the Publisher team and work with other business areas to support in achieving the business objectives
- Develop a strategy for the Publisher team (including increasing customer engagement) and be responsible in the successful implementation and execution of that strategy
- Develop objectives and KPI’s for the business unit to monitor and measure against the overall business goals
- Establish and maintain effective client relationships with existing and new clients to drive the through the company strategy and goals
- Identify, develop, structure and close complex partnership deals with target partner organisations that deliver enduring value to the business.
- Leverage existing connections to build and cultivate a deep and trusted network amongst influential decision makers within key target organisations/industry.
- Take full ownership of deal flow and revenue targets.
- Own the Partnerships lifecycle process post close, including onboarding to ongoing growth and account management.
- Responsible in cross-selling and up-selling to existing clients the suite of existing and new products and services
- Lead cross functional teams to support the Publisher team in achieving the set strategy and objectives.
- Develop and maintain research and development programmes to ensure that the client remains at the forefront in the loyalty industry, applies the most cost-effective methods and approaches, provides leading-edge products and services and retains its competitive edge.
- Prepare, gain acceptance, and monitor the implementation of the annual budget to ensure that budget targets are met, that revenue flows are maximised and that fixed costs are minimised.
- Represent the Company in negotiations with clients, suppliers and other key contacts to secure the most effective contract terms
- Develop and maintain Total Quality Management systems throughout the team to ensure that the best possible products and services are provided to the customer.
- Oversee the preparation of an Annual Report and Accounts for the team
- Ensure that the team complies with all internal policies and regulatory guidelines
- Serves a leadership role within the business in driving new initiatives forward
- Maintains and seeks to improve data privacy knowledge
- At least ten years’ senior level experience of management of people and resources
- A proven record of success in senior level general or commercial management, preferably in a related industry
- Must have experience in setting and successfully executing on the agreed strategy
- Proven successful track record in a relationship management role supporting strategic solutions to major companies
- Experience in understanding customer loyalty lifecycle and exploring solutions to maximise customer engagement within the Publisher programmes
- Proven experience in business negotiations and internal/external relationship management (could have been developed in sales, consulting, marketing, business development, financial services)
- An understanding of financial management and wider management principles and techniques
- Experience in identifying cross-selling and upselling opportunities and being able to drive that through with clients
- Ability to understand and demonstrate the value proposition for products
- Strong strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to think laterally and explore creative solutions in both deal negotiation and customer solution design
- Strong presentation skills – ability to create presentations and present to client
- A very high level of commercial awareness.
- Excellent people management and stakeholder engagement skill
- Strong relationship, interpersonal, and communication skills. Superior organisational skills, with a solution-orientated approach to problems and attention to detail
- Excellent deal negotiations and commercial structuring skills
- Effective team management and ability to work collaborative as a member of cross-functional teams
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Appetite and enthusiasm for working as part of a small collegial team that is not afraid of getting their hands dirty and supporting each other
- A proactive bias to action, and drive to achieve results
- Ability to build rapport and engagement with stakeholders at all levels of an organisation
- Understanding of a multi-faceted business operation
- Strong financial acumen, planning and forecasting
- In depth knowledge of markets and changing business environments
- Proven experience in managing projects according to deadlines
- Commercial awareness of the implications of potential contractual obligations
- Right to work and remain the United Kingdom
How to apply
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and for an initial discussion call Richard on 01604 241790