Our clients operates in the FinTech space with a focus on electronic payments. They have achieved success by developing the core technologies, capabilities, regulatory authorisations and scheme memberships that enable them to offer their intermediaries and customers a range of innovative payment solutions at a transparent and fair cost.
Our client, along with other companies operating within the FinTech sector, has all of the advantages of limited bureaucracy, a fast-paced working environment, the freedom to experiment with products, while also dealing adeptly with the weightier subject matter inherent in finance such as compliance and security.
What's more, they’re regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to give their customers the peace of mind that they’re safeguarding funds in the appropriate way. They like to lead the way and there were one of the first non-bank principle members of Visa and MasterCard.
As an Issuing Fraud Specialist, you will be responsible for creating, improving and maintaining our current risk framework for our BIN Sponsorship platform. This is an exciting, newly created, role in which you will truly be able to own and grow into. We’re looking for a self-starter who is able to collaborate with various business functions as well as our clients/ customers.
- Use both internal and external fraud tools to monitor transactions on the issuing card network.
- Create, track and communicate fraud performance metrics across the issuing card network.
- Assess new Issuing Card programmes prior to launch to ensure appropriate fraud measures are in place.
- Create and maintain Fraud/ Risk Processes, Policies and Procedures.
- Monitor and track existing Card Issuing programmes for Fraud and suspicious activity.
- Collaborate with various business functions to ensure timely launch of issuing programmes whilst ensuring fraud risk/ loss has been fully considered.
- Reviewing scheme rules and ensure any changes to the process and/or procedures are identified and updated within the team.
- Act as a point of reference for internal and external customers regarding Fraud related matters.
- Investigate patterns of potential fraud and make recommendations.
- Assisting the monitoring team on the acquiring side of the business from time to time.
- Minimum 3-5 years previous experience working within Card Issuing Fraud environment.
- Previous experience in writing and developing processes; policies and procedures
- Strong understanding of Visa and MasterCard card scheme rules relating to issuing
- Previous experience in developing and writing of rules to manage fraud/risk & AML
- transaction monitoring to support our issuing programmes
- Knowledge of payment processors such as GPS.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to adapt to change and suggest/implement process improvements.
- Analytical mindset.
- Applying a risk logic in reviewing information relative to customers and their activity.
- Stakeholder management skills with ability to diffuse conflict whilst minimising the need for complaint escalation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Use of analytical software such as Tableau.
- Project Management experience.
- FCA knowledge in relation to Fraud/AML Monitoring.
- Timely processing/reviewing of client information
- Sound risk-based decisions where judgement is required
- Risk mitigation tasks kept within service level agreements
How to apply
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org