Working at a strategic level, you will facilitate change within the Consumer Finance Division by leading a team of Product Owners, as well as acting as an agile product owner.
As a trusted advisor you will advocate business change with stakeholders and develop their understanding of how effective change management can benefit the organisation and support the delivery of business value
The Lead Agile Product Owner ensures that a consistent approach is being applied to how products are developed – ensuring that:
- Best practice is being shared within the Agile Product Owner team.
- The investment to business return can be articulated at the CF as well as product level with a focus on driving a clear return on investment.
- That frameworks, processes, and tools are developed, maintained and used to effectively manage the CF change strategy and that this is then developed into plans and delivered business capability.
- BU and Shared Service Stakeholders
- IT SLT and Group IT resource
- External 3rd parties
- Project Managers
- Subject Matter Experts
Product Ownership Responsibilities
- Create and maintain the Product Backlog
- Prioritise and sequence the Backlog according to business value or ROI
- Assist with elaboration of Epics, Themes and Features
- Convey the Vision and Goals at the beginning of every Release and Sprint
- Represent the customer, interfacing and engaging with the customer
- Participate in the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives
- Inspect the product progress at the end of every iteration and have complete authority to accept or reject work done
- Has the ability to alter the course of the project at the end of every iteration
- Communicate the project status externally to other stakeholders or to third parties
- Terminate an iteration if it is determined that a drastic change in direction is required
- Contribute to the Vision and Programme Backlog
- Own the squad backlog
- Drive iteration content via prioritised Epics and Stories
- Establish story acceptance criteria, accept stories in the baseline
- Responsible for establishing KPIs to focus delivery and to enable benefits realisation
- Identify which tactics and Epics deliver the best value and work with key stakeholders to rule Epics in or out based on the investment journey
- Work to deliver the maximum value for the minimum cost
- Within the investment case for each tactic, understand which Epics will deliver specific value and the cost
Consumer Finance Responsibilities
- Lead the Product Management team – complete one to one’s, manage team performance, and ensure that the team are engaged and motivated.
- Be an advocate for business change within CF. Work with stakeholders to understand how effective change management can benefit the organisation and support the delivery of business value.
- Ensure that frameworks, tools, and approaches are being used and maintained effectively.
- Ensure that the business process management framework is created and being maintained so that a library of the relevant collateral required to support the business is in place.
- Work with the Head of Business change to maintain the overarching VMOST and VMOST planner ensuring this is maintained and continually refreshed to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Work closely with IT and the rest of the company to identify opportunities to improve ways of working, including identifying lessons learned, and then making changes to enhance CF delivery capability. Share these learnings with the rest of the group as appropriate.
The following activities will be completed for a product, as well as at the wider CF level:
- Develop and maintain the VMOST planner for the service, validating that the tactics being developed support the company VMOST and will deliver the overarching company tactics, strategy, and objectives.
- Be the overarching SME for a product / service / channel understanding from a business perspective the interplay between the process, people, and systems used to offer the product / service.
- Ensure the Definition of ready and definition of done is clearly defined to ensure deliverables are ready to commence and complete delivery.
- Manage the backlog for the product – Create Themes, Epics and Stories and work with stakeholders to prioritise the work, work with delivery teams to size epics and update the VMOST planner to reflect the effort needed to implement each tactic.
- Represent the customer if software changes are required, working as the interface between the IT Squads and the company.
- Work with IT, resource owners, and the PMO to schedule resource.
- Work with other Agile Product owners to define the business architecture, ensuring that there is a clear understanding of how the people, process, and systems interact across the company to deliver the various services.
- Work with Project Managers and the other Agile Product owners to ensure that enterprise scale projects deliver consistent business solutions.
- Ensure that for all changes, business change activity is being identified, and that there is a plan of work with associated owners working either with business analysts or directly with the business.
- Manage and oversee the business process / collateral framework and ensure that the relevant collateral is being developed and maintained including customer journey maps, letters, training guides, product descriptions, procedures, etc.
- Develop a secondary area of expertise in order to provide coverage for one or more of the agile product owners.
- Act as an SME in helping the company develop its strategy.
- Ensures that there is a strong return on investment from the investment in their product and that this is reported on, clearly articulating the value invested and the value returned.
- Confident communicator, with good engagement , influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent engagement skills using a facilitative approach.
- Good planner and organiser.
- Creative problem solver with a thirst for knowledge.
- Driven and courageous team player who thrives on challenge and change.
- Positive and enthusiastic approach delivering at pace.
- Deals well with pressure.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent leadership and management skills.
- Must have experience of delivery within an agile environment including management of backlogs.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience of working collaboratively with Agile IT delivery teams.
- Strong business analysis skills – able to gather requirements, and develop high level business solutions.
- Good financial skills – able to validate investment cases and understand how specific elements of delivery support the investment case.
- Able to articulate solution design skills within a business environment.
- Able to work effectively with delivery teams to provide day to day guidance to ensure successful delivery of change.
- Able to work on multiple change items.
- Proven track record in change delivery.
How to apply
Email your CV to David.Earles@tpn.co.uk and for an initial discussion call David on 01604 701577
Date posted: 28/06/2018