The General Counsel team is a central in-house global legal team providing support to its business partners.
The Legal Services Department is a subset of the General Counsel – based in London and comprised of approximately 15 permanent and non-permanent team members. These members include legal advisors and company secretarial staff from diverse backgrounds at a range of levels and provides English language support to all business areas across International business.
The Legal Services Department was formed to increase capacity, create efficiencies, optimise knowledge management, free up the time of the broader General Counsel and save on outside counsel expense. Roles in this team are unique because of the exposure to a broad range of business areas, members are energised and engaged – together actively working towards progressing the team to the next stage of development.
Further, the Legal Services Department acts as a hub for innovation to promote thinking and initiatives around legal technology and new ways of working for lawyers.
- Leading the managers of the legal workflow, company secretarial/ regulatory development monitoring team members
- Recruiting new permanent and non-permanent legal staff as required
- Leading the Legal Services department through next stage of evolution including continuing development of their ‘vision’; proactively pursuing the goal – to preserve, foster and improve efficiency and effectiveness; assessing, planning and rolling-out their international footprint
- Strategically working with colleagues locally and in other countries to enhance integration with the team.
- Supporting the team in delivering quality and timely legal support across all lines of business – in broad terms, responsibility includes helping the business to ensure its business activities are conducted in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, and identification and effective management of legal risks arising from these activities. Including: the full range of commercial contracts including leading drafting and negotiating outsourcing, co-brand, distribution, procurement, sponsorship and services agreements, drafting and improving contract templates and advising on interpretation of existing agreements; supporting business projects and initiatives at UK, EMEA and International level, including new product development, business re-engineering initiatives, marketing and digital initiatives; partnering and aligning with local market, EMEA and International General Counsel, compliance and operational risk teams as necessary in support of business, compliance and operational risk initiatives; effective partnering with other relevant support functions in management and resolution of projects and initiatives (eg risk, government affairs, finance, etc); carrying out legal research.
- This position will be supported by an Executive Assistant shared by other London-based leaders. In addition, General Counsel Resources are in place to assist in managing budgets.
Ideal Candidate Skills and Expertise:
- Experience leading and developing a team (ideally a team of legally qualified personnel
- Desirable but not essential: English Law – or equivalent – legal qualification
- Significant post qualification experience including in-house experience, or equivalent seniority if not legally qualified (We would envisage the successful candidate having at least 10 years post qualified experience or equivalent)
- Fluent in English
- Familiarity with commercial legal environment
- Experience in managing budgets, both internal such as travel and expense related as well as external such as external counsel related
Ideal Personal Attributes
- An experienced and strong people leader who embraces innovation and change, someone who can think outside the box.
- Energised team leader
- Genuine desire to nurture and develop talent
- Demonstrated interest and ability to do things in a different way
- Excellent drafting and budget management skills
- Attention to detail and quality of work product
- Good prioritisation skills and effective multi-tasking of a heavy workload
- Balanced approach to risk management
- Ability to seamlessly work in a matrix structure and the flexibility and willingness to add new subject areas to portfolio
- Strategic thinker (creative, flexible, open minded) with good business understanding and excellent analytical skills
- Strong relationship skills (ability to influence and positively challenge demanding client base while forging strong relationships) with proven ability to take business orientated approach and to “get things done”
- Good team player and self-starter
- Cultural sensitivity
- Able to communicate clearly, concisely, effectively and persuasively with clients, senior business and GC management and external parties, both orally and in writing
- Ability to adapt communication style to a broad mix of people and personalities
- Confident presentation skills
- Ability to stand his or her ground in difficult and challenging situations and able at times to handle pressure from business clients
- High levels of engagement and autonomy
- Able and willing to work both as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision
How to apply
Email your CV to David.email@example.com and for an initial discussion call David on 01604 701577
Date posted: 26/02/2018