Salary: €120,000 DOE plus Package
We have an exciting opportunity for a Managing Director, to join one of our clients who are a leading Payment Service Provider within their space. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an expanding, dynamic and multi-functional business. The role holder will be hands-on, intuitive, energetic and forward thinking. A leader who can develop and evolve opportunities at the highest levels, have a passion for delivering excellence and creating a winning culture.
The Managing Director will have overall responsibility for the development, delivery and performance of a strategic plan for the European business. The role holder will need to be commercially astute and strategic, yet hands on and delivery focused. Excellent interpersonal and management qualities will be required in order to lead a growing team and understanding the drivers of key stakeholders. The role will report into the CEO of Europe and will sit on the European executive leadership team.
- Set the vision for the region and define the overall strategy from launch to scale, including long-term goals.
- Drive growth, profitability and company value.
- Develop and implement scalable and efficient strategies to ensure both consistent results and exponential growth
- Attract, retain & develop world-class talent, including making recruitment decisions of full leadership team
- Lead and support a high performing team who are selling compelling solutions that drive client value and collaborate globally / cross-functionally to serve their clients and partners.
- Take responsibility for the performance and development of the senior management team
- Cultivate a high-performing, agile, one-team culture
- Provide the strategic leadership for operations and commercial functions
- Align resources to achieve key business priorities
- Proactively mitigate business, operational & governance risks
- Own the operational budget and manage burn rate while growing the business ahead of market disruptions
- Leverage personal and professional network along with other lead sourcing methods to effectively ‘open doors’ and ensure the business is best placed to respond to RFPs, new business opportunities and cross selling scenarios in partnership with other parts of the organisation.
- Drive continuous improvement
- Manage competition and threats in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of financial structure, capital strategy & strategic priorities
- Continue to develop the business model ahead of the market
- Provide expert guidance to all functional areas, including operations, compliance, sales & product
- Regularly report updates to global CEO, teams in China and other countries and other stakeholders regarding progress on strategic priorities, and collaborate with Board of Directors to accelerate progress
- Invest in strategic partnerships & relationships to drive growth
- Serve as regional spokesperson and public champion for the business
- Establish credibility throughout the customer and partner network by authentic engagement to galvanize company to create & drive solutions to core business challenges.
- Highly experienced of leading and scaling in a high growth environment
- Strong and deep understanding of the complex EU payments eco system
- Proven track record of building successful products and high calibre teams from the ground up, ideally in current role
- Must demonstrate an ability to build, develop and lead a strong management team along with the capacity to lead and develop a high-performance workforce
- Proven P&L responsibility
- Highly customer oriented with a genuine desire to deliver first class service; shows resilience, is accountable for their own actions and those of their team
- Must be a strategic thinker with the ability to predict and plan for future business requirements.
- Must be assertive, proactive and determined to succeed.
- Must have excellent communication and high-level presentation skills.
- Must be a logical thinker with the ability to challenge business models, strategies and the “status quo”
- Must be solutions orientated with the ability to turn problems into opportunities.
- Must have strong commercial acumen and well-developed financial awareness
How to apply
Email your CV to email@example.com