The Payments & Digital team advises and supports clients to achieve effective digital, payments, financial crime services, systems and to sustain compliance / manage risk in accordance with regulatory requirements. Their work spans product roadmaps, digital banking & identity, digital conduct risk, payments operating models, payments security, payments regulatory compliance, financial crime, fraud and money laundering support.
The core focus of all consulting roles is the delivery of consulting engagements which may involve working as both a member of the company or in mixed company/client teams and as a sole consultant working predominately at client sites.
The Principal Consultant is responsible for defining, designing and delivering payments, financial crime and digital product propositions, providing oversight on projects, working closely with the various teams in the company to ensure their propositions are clearly known and understood, and leading the payments team, ensuring focus on key priorities.
- Lead and manage new solution design and client proposals with respect payments, financial crime and digital
- Act as the engagement manager on key payments, digital and financial crime projects, providing guidance and industry insight and have responsibility for the quality of work, project planning and profit associated with the assignments.
- Business development: the job holder will develop the Digital team, the wider Advisory team and the whole business to maximise opportunities across the market.
- Be an ambassador for the company across the digital banking, digital conduct risk, payments and financial crime industry and contribute / lead on regulatory, client and industry stakeholders’ relationships.
- Grow valued relationships with external clients and industry contacts.
- Deliver against key targets and performance indicators.
- Create thought leadership and other SME / brand enhancing collateral.
- Be accountable for the quality of own, team output and of wider client delivery.
- Meet standards for the Advisory function on risk, quality management, cost control and resource utilisation.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Delivery of balanced scorecard targets in line with the agreed Advisory business plan.
- Identify opportunities for new client work across the wider market or building from current engagements
- Development of working relationships with other key stakeholders in the business to ensure a joined-up, collaborative and strong proposition - in particular working with Complaints (Managed Client Services), Business and Regulatory Affairs (Conduct), People and Learning, Sales, Marketing, and Technology
- To support the marketing collateral being issued to clients by producing or inputting to white papers/blogs/social media
- Continuous development of the reputation of the company’s Payments & Digital practice through diverse media, including client meetings, networking, external publications, and attendance or speaking at events
- Line management responsibilities, (internal communications, and career and performance development).
- Technical, compliance and regulatory knowledge. Live experience of one or more of the following:
- Digital Banking, Identity and / or conduct risk
- Fraud & Financial Crime
- Open Banking / Payment Services Directive
- This should include an understanding of industry and regulatory best practice. Awareness of relevant technology solutions that support effective operations and compliance
- Client senior stakeholder management
- Project management skills / experience of managing teams and projects.
- Thorough understanding of key issues facing the UK & European Payments and Financial Services sector, including regulation, industry trends, technology innovation, and market and competitor activity.
- Good technical knowledge of the UK & European digital and payments legal / regulatory environment.
- Proven experience in digital, payments or financial crime with the ability to manage risks associated with client engagements, ideally having worked in industry or a financial services consulting.
- Expert problem-solving skills within digital, payments and fraud.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) with an ability to work in a collaborative team or alone, dependent on client and project
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail when working with clients.
- Entrepreneurial attitude to developing new client-facing propositions and engaging clients in new areas of discussion
To work for the company employees are described as dependable, driven and collaborative. The job holder should be able to demonstrate they are;
- Confidential, reliable and genuine
- Dynamic, passionate and determined
- Friendly, compassionate and cooperative
"It's not just about what we do, but the way we do it. And it's our values that make us special."
How to apply
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org