Our client is looking for a highly organised Project Manager as they look to expand their mobile money team. This role sits within a team that works with mobile money providers and financial institution to provide access to mobile financial services to emerging markets and the unbanked. With the aim of increasing safety, security and convenience across the mobile money industry.
In order to promote the future scale of the mobile money industry, and thereby further deepen financial inclusion and digital financial activity among the world’s poor, our clients proposes the creation of a Mobile Money Research and Innovation Lab. This virtual Lab will provide a central workshop with dedicated technical staff and staging environments, in which our client, mobile money operators, technology providers, specialized payments companies and other industry stakeholders can work together to develop and trial solutions for the mobile money industry’s biggest challenges and opportunities. Proof points, technical solutions and evidence base generated from Lab activities will create a public good for the wider industry.
The Mobile Money Research and Innovation Lab aims to facilitate industry collaboration and explore new technologies to tackle the mobile money industry’s biggest challenges and opportunities. The outcome of the Lab’s activities will ultimately increase the utility and scale of mobile money, encouraging further usage of mobile financial services by the world’s poorest populations, including women.
As Project Manager, matrixed into the Mobile Money Lab team, you will take the lead in planning and monitoring activity deliverables throughout the project lifecycle. You will work closely with the Director – Inclusive Fintech, Mobile Money Lab and the team to ensure that all activities are delivered successfully, on time and on budget.
You will also be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient communication and collaboration within the team, contribute to internal and external reporting, provide robust financial management and oversee the project’s procurement and contracting needs.
- Ensures the Lab meets its objectives and is executed in accordance with the grant proposal and agreement
- Manages budget and ensure value for money
- Delivers project reporting; and ensures company processes are followed
- Support the preparation of monthly programme reports and annual donor reports
- Provides project management for the Lab activities
- Support the Director – Inclusive Fintech and the Technical lead to liaise with the three main participant groups in the project; member operator groups, technical platform providers and third-party businesses
- Co-ordinate with the company events and suppliers for events/workshops that are specific to the Lab
- Maintain programme risk and issue logs
- Work with the Finance team to track expenses; raise and process purchase orders and invoices
- Manage relationship with Suppliers
- Drive the business planning with the Head of Lab
This is a hands-on role with the successful candidate required to be self-motivated and able to work effectively with or without supervision.
The ideal candidate will display the following qualities:
- You will have demonstrable project management experience with donor-funded projects and an interest in socio-economic development and/or the fin-tech industry. Experience of working in an emerging market would be desirable.
- Track record of managing projects testing innovations.
- Strong knowledge of the Mobile Money/Fintech industry.
- Evidence of managing delivery within matrix-team structure successfully.
- Ability to absorb complex technical information and communicate effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You must be extremely well organised with proven organizational skills, with the ability to manage a number of concurrent projects without losing focus. Attention to detail is highly important.
- You will have the ability to work as part of a team, supporting other team members in a busy global environment, across a number of different geographical locations.
- Sound judgment to lead all aspects of the project from strategic, commercial and regulatory standpoints; including an ability to work successfully with technical, regulatory and commercial specialists.
- Strong initiative, able to follow through delivery of work with autonomy without step by step instruction and to work without direct supervision.
- You are charismatic and energetic, drives high performance and builds valuable peer networks with internal and external stakeholders, including C-level executives.
- Evidence of organising their own and team’s work and establishing a mechanism to ensure that tasks are completed on time to ensure the overall project progress.
- Good office IT skills, at least including Microsoft Office products, especially Outlook, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Project Management applications
- Shows enthusiasm for the mobile industry and an interest in the focus of the programme.
- Knowledge and application of Project Management methodologies (Professional Certification APM, PRINCE2…).
This position is based in London. Candidates will ideally have the right to work in the UK.
How to apply
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org