There are a number of elements to this role:
Identifying and recruiting new Retail Partners. 70% of the role
- Effectively target and recruit new Retailers to join the scheme in the UK.
- Focus on covering all segments in Retail Market
- Target Top Retailers in each segment including Online retailers
- Manage and follow up on any new retailer queries.
- Develop and implement sales recruitment strategies to ensure monthly targets are achieved.
- Supporting new business projects and follow up.
- Support the wider Retail Team in retailer recruitment in the UK.
- Sign up new and existing Retail Partners to new Gift Card Products
Management and Develop Relationships with current Retail Partners. 30% of the role
- Meet our Retail partners on a regular basis and develop joint business plans with them to increase redemptions in their stores
- Outlining opportunities for full year, targets, POS and comms strategy
- Monthly Figures Update
- Monthly Reports to Retailers
- Monthly Touch base
- Contact all Top 50 retailers monthly
- Quarterly Meetings
- Quarterly meetings with Top retail partners
- Retailer Event
- Develop Robust Contact lists
- Ensure all contact lists are kept up to date
- Contact List for Main, Accounts and Marketing contact
- Manage accounts Issues timely
- Ensure through regular accounts meetings all issues are resolved
- Develop and implement a robust communication strategy to existing and potential Retailers
- Including monthly Ezines to retail partners and potential partners
- Monthly Retailer Ezine
- Develop a value added marketing and advertising proposition for retail partners to work with the company to drive increased redemptions
- Update Retailers on all developments during the year
- Highlight Achievements
What does success look like for the individual?
- Signing up at least one Tier 1 and ten Tier 2 New Retail partners onto the scheme within the first 12 months
- Build strong sales pipeline for new retail partners
- Manage and reconnect with all existing retail partners
- Develop and implement communication strategy for existing retailers
The role will require quickly gaining, extensive knowledge of the market and possession of good sales communication and leadership skills to optimise the business return.
This person would typically demonstrate high competence in the following skill areas:
- Drive for results
- Critical thinking, judgement and strong analytical & innumeracy skills
- Confident negotiator with strong self-belief and influencing skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, proactive, experienced sales/commercial person with strong initiative. This person will have the ability to present and express ideas confidently, concisely and in a logical organised sequence. An ability to work to goals and deadlines is the primary skill required, and is a must.
The person will have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, as they will manage a number of key suppliers and customers, and as this role will work very closely with the corporate sales, marketing and retail departments, it is important that the person will be able to work well as part of a team.
This role also requires a creative person, with a flair for conceptual thinking and an ability to work without precedents. Good organisational skills and an ability to work on own initiative are essential.
Candidates should also be fluent in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook. A good understanding of the Internet and social media is a must.
How to apply
Email your CV to Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org and for an initial discussion call Richard on 01604 241790
Date posted: 19/02/2018