About the role
As the Sales Development Team Manager, you will have the ability to inspire and lead the internal office-based Sales Development Team to deliver world class sales lead qualification services to the UK&I sales channels. You’ll be working with numerous third-party suppliers (resource and software) and owning the relationship with UK&I Marketing plus working across internal departments including the UK&I sales channel leaders and owning the relationship with the Customer Solutions Team.
- Take full responsibility for the Sales Development Representatives (SDR) team and the work they do to deliver world class sales lead qualification services to the UK&I sales channels.
- Achieve targets related to work queue management, lead qualification, lead conversion and the resultant sales channel MSU performance.
- Responsible for the relationships with internal lead suppliers (Partnerships, Marketing etc) and third-party suppliers
- Collaborate effectively with all UK&I sales channel leaders and attend Sales team meetings providing updates, ensuring that trends are identified, and key learnings are utilised
- Continually analyse the data related to lead volumes, contact phasing, marketing content and contact methods to provide deep insights into what the company are doing well – and need to keep doing/where they need to improve.
- Use this information to help recommend and drive continued improvements in process, and/or skills and capabilities
- Develop and maintain a consistent programme of communications, content and results to drive engagement between the SDR resources (internal and third party) and the sales channels
- Partner with the Customer Solutions team to develop and maintain a consistent programme of education and coaching regarding the solutions we offer our customers to enable SDRs to engage on potential solutions as part of the lead qualification process.
- Drive performance and expected team behaviours - identify team member’s development areas through weekly/monthly coaching sessions.
- Complete all Line Manager duties related to attendance, performance, objectives, half year and EOY reviews etc
- Own your development, career and progression. Actively manage and own your PDP and career path in the organisation
- Own and maintain a succession plan and a warm bench of talent
- Minimum 5 years proven experience in leading an office-based, target-driven Sales team
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills - the ability to listen, understand, influence and inspire.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and gain acceptance at all levels
- Personable and approachable with an enthusiastic and motivational nature
- Demonstrable ability to respond to high-impact customer escalations in a way that drives customer loyalty.
- Ability to work unsupervised, managing numerous stakeholders, workstreams and work queues
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and work to tight timescales.
- Understanding of customer solutions and of the wider industry
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- A problem solver with a high analytical skill set committed to continuous process and service improvements.
- A clear view on what teamwork means to you. Delivering world-class customer service to internal and external stakeholder experiences