- You will support the Director of Mobile Money Advocacy in the coordination and relationship management with key partners at the global level, such as the Alliance for Financial Inclusion, the World Bank and various UN agencies to ensure we secure close alignment with our partners where possible.
- You will be responsible for producing high quality briefing notes as well as slides and other materials as needed for senior internal and external stakeholders as well as representing the company externally in bilateral meetings as well as conferences. You will be asked to speak at conferences and to build a broad network of public and private sector actors, including international organisations, mobile operators, regulators, and fintech companies.
- With inputs from the Advocacy Director, you will shape and implement a global advocacy campaign around trust to help position mobile operators as responsible service providers in the area of mobile money, building on the recent launch of the Mobile Money Certification.
- You will work closely with the company Analysts and Insights Managers to develop key research to support strong, evidence-based advocacy messages around the benefits of mobile money. You will support other company teams as needed by providing inputs on the impact of mobile money on the Sustainable Development Goals and reviewing reports.
- You hold a master degree, with educational background in business, law, economics, or political science.
- You have a good understanding of the mobile money sector, with experience working for a financial services regulator, a company in the payments or telecommunications sector, or an international development organization. A thorough knowledge of the mobile money regulatory environment is a plus.
- You can demonstrate solid analytical skills, especially the ability to predict and/or assess commercial and economic implications of policy and regulatory decisions. Experience designing and leading advocacy campaigns is desirable.
- You have experience with people management and can be an inspiring mentor.
- You have a very strong grasp of the English language, able to express complex technical, commercial or regulatory issues in plain language; French and/or Spanish language skills are desirable but not required.
- You are charismatic and energetic, with strong public speaking skills, able to inspire others and build constructive working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
How to apply
Email your CV to melanie.litchfield and for an initial discussion call Melanie on 01604 766851
Date posted: 26/06/2018