The standards and specifications that underpin Processing, Core and Digital products define the foundations on which all of their services are built. The purpose of this role is to become the de facto subject matter expert managing input to key global specifications and industry standards and influencing global specifications for a specific area, product or channel.
Acts as subject matter expert for specific products and/or channels and help lead the development of future product or channel specifications; anticipates internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends product or channel improvements; solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business; contributes to the development of functional or departmental strategy.
The role requires close collaboration with stakeholders across the company, and externally to ensure that the strategic, business and technical requirements are met, and that efficient and practical solutions are developed.
- Everyone is a leader, you will become a subject matter expert for specific products, channels or aspects of payments technology, both internally and on a cross-industry basis, sharing your subject matter expertise and acting in a mentorship capacity where appropriate.
- You will engage with key stakeholders across the company to identify and prioritise business requirements
- You will represent the company at key industry standards bodies, industry forums and with the company, guiding and influencing their work to ensure the resulting industry standards and global specifications meet the company’s business needs.
- You will contribute to the activities of key industry bodies that will benefit our business and identify activity that could negatively impact or constrain our business.
- You will clearly and openly communicate complex ideas, anticipating potential objections and persuading others, often external to the company and at senior levels to adopt different points of view and approaches
- You will bring SME knowledge back into the company organisation and support the areas of the business impacted by or looking to make use of the resulting specifications and standards
- You will contribute to member and vendor’s support resolving specification and implementation related questions and issues, endeavoring to break down silos and work together as one.
- You will support the activities of key industry bodies that will benefit our business and identifying and countering activity that could negatively impact or constrain our business. Anticipating and responding to internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; solving unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business
- A passion for Fintech, and in particular payments
- Significant knowledge and experience of payment technologies and channels
- Knowledge and experience of the complexities of the payment eco-system
- Depth and/or breadth of expertise of representing a commercial organisation in specification and/or standards groups
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical detail and explain technical detail at a business level
- Communication, negotiation and influencing skills amongst internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to assess situations and solve problems through sound reasoning and structured thinking
- Excellent team work and interpersonal skills
- Drive to succeed and progress further within the company
- Ability to demonstrate tangible results to prove key business competencies
- Focussing on customers and stakeholders
- Communicating with clarity
How to apply
Email your CV to email@example.com and for an initial discussion call Melanie on 01604 766851
Date posted: 20/08/2018