This role is a unique opportunity for a technical expert in the payments industry looking to move towards consultancy. Although the role will be based in Dusseldorf, Germany, our clients is providing an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to work and be trained in Manchester, UK, for the first 6 months - all expenses covered. Ideal for an ambitious and hungry individual, flexible to working abroad and travelling extensively throughout Europe.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading technical and complex projects, relating technology and innovation in the payments industry to their clients’ needs, and delivering implementation of new arrangements for their client base.
This is a well remunerated, consultant role with a focus on the European market. The successful candidate will develop into a key member of a team of consultants, managing client projects and relationships across a diverse portfolio of merchants, working to provide strategic payments advice to merchants with complex payment acceptance requirements.
You will be a key player in identifying opportunities to expand the current product offering and will be responsible for ownership and development of a product portfolio, providing support to the wider business on those products and the technical aspects of others’ projects. The successful technical consultant will work closely with the Analysts, Consultants and Economics teams to ensure projects meet pre-determined client expectations and time-frames and meet internal revenue, cost and profit metrics, as well as developing the business through knowledge and new product areas.
Normal hours will be 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, however, when necessary you will be expected to work outside these hours.
- Native German speaker
- Excellent English language skills both written and verbal
- Educated to degree level with an average grade of 2/2:1 or above (preferably mathematics, scientific, business-related, or computing degree)
- At least 1-3 years of experience within the payments industry, working within a technical or product capacity
- Client-facing experience of presenting complex analysis to senior and exec level stakeholders
- Strong analytical and modelling capabilities with the ability to apply logic, creativity, and problem-solving techniques
- Project management experience
- Strong skills and experience of Microsoft Excel to analyse data
- Strong organisational skills, able to manage and prioritise multiple tasks at any one time
- Professional manner and excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Performance-focused with a desire to succeed and make a difference
- Be a self-starter and able to work on own initiative with little direction
- Flexible and willing to travel extensively across Europe.
How to apply
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org