Our client represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting more than 750 operators with over 350 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem. Their mission is to further the strategic, commercial, technological, developing world and advocacy interests of their members. This role sits within their payments teams which focuses on bringing financial services to the unbanked in emerging markets.
“The mission of the Research and Innovation Laboratory is to drive innovation in Mobile Money through research, development, and testing of new technologies, and ultimately establishing impactful proof of concepts for the industry. The Technology Lead is a key position on this team, and takes a hands-on approach to strategize, develop, test, and pilot solutions, together with a technical team and in collaboration with external mobile money providers. This role is a pretty unique opportunity to set up and run an innovation workshop, play with technologies, and build successful proof of concepts. – Ultimately with the aim to provide those who are financially excluded and underserved with better digital financial solutions.” Hiring Manager – Director of Inclusive Fintech
Our client is seeking an experienced, passionate, and driven professional to join the Mobile Money programme as Technology Lead. The successful candidate will:
- Strategize, develop, test, and pilot technological innovations in mobile money
- Monitor industry trends and new technologies, and, in coordination with stakeholders, convert these into scoped innovation projects with concrete and tangible outcomes
- Lead a technical team of developers, API specialists, and test engineers
- Act as senior point of contact to mobile money providers and other industry stakeholders and manage collaborations in joint technical projects
- Form partnerships with technology providers to support and run hosted test environments, and manage technical work as well as contracts
- Manage resources for innovation projects as well as established test environments of the lab’s technical assets
- Be responsible for the planning, implementation, and documentation of appropriate software tests within our sandbox environments.
- Support the Director of Inclusive Fintech to define, manage, and deliver innovation projects
- Energetic team player, with creative mind-set, and hands-on and can-do mentality
- Genuine interest in the social benefits that are presented by the use of mobile technology to address financial inclusion of the poor
- Strong background in mobile financial technologies, with experience gained in an innovative environment, e.g. start-up in mobile and/or payments services, challenger bank, telco, technical consultancy, donor or other financial inclusion organisation.
- Demonstrable experience in managing technology projects, experimentation, and delivering MVPs and prototypes
- Demonstrable ability to provide content guidance to a team of developers and technical specialists on e.g. architecture, frameworks, and APIs
- Proven experience in both technical and contract management of technology suppliers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to express complex technologies in plain language and disseminate insights to the wider industry
- Ability to positively influence and inspire others, and build constructive working relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Experience and affinity with intercultural working relations; work experience in Africa and/or Asia desirable but not strictly required
- Fluency in English; French, major African, and/or Asian language skills are desirable but not required
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly (up to 30% of time)
How to apply
Email your CV to email@example.com